Sunday, January 29, 2012

January Design Post

Hi!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was fun filled and I got a lot done :)  I actually had a chance to stamp this weekend and it sure was fun! 

Anyway, I wanted to post our cards for the January challenge.  Here was the challenge:

Michelle designed the sketch and chose the colors.  Her card is AMAZING!  Look how beautiful this is!  I just love this winter card.  Her snowflakes are so beautiful, but they don't take away from that adorable snowman.  They really enhance this card and I like that they cover the white space and add texture.  Nice job on all counts, Michelle!  To see more of Michelle's work, please visit her blog here.



Next is my card.  I had a heck of a time with this challenge.  I love the colors and made a card with them, but then realized that I hadn't followed the sketch!  So, in talking to my sister, she helped me think of what to do.  My friend recently had a beautiful baby boy and I wanted to make her a card to send with the baby gifts.  My sister (Debbie) suggested a rattle made with punches.  It was perfect!  The colors were good for a boy and the rattle filled the sketch perfectly.  Because of all of the white space, I ran the white piece through the embossing folder.  I love that satin ribbon!


Thanks for looking and have a great day!  I'll be posting February's challenge next weekend.  Please join us if you can!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute baby card, Cindy!!! Clean & simple ---just the way I like them. I like the punch art rattle, very creative.

    ReplyDelete